Know about Cocoblu:
With the whole world going online, it’s never been more critical to get your e-commerce plan right. Cocoblu helps the brands navigate complex categories and crowded marketplaces and come out on top.
Cocoblu India is an online retailer which sells variety of goods to customers in India through the online marketplace www.amazon.in. Cocoblu offers lakhs of products across multiple categories like Books, Wireless Accessories, Apparels, Shoes etc. and has buying relationships with brands across the world.
Visit us @ https://www.cocoblu.in/about-us/
Exploring the role:
A Vendor Manager at Cocoblu will focus on delivering exceptional sales and margin growth for a category that you will be responsible for. You will also be responsible for signing the right mix of vendors, smart pricing, driving growth and margin improvements while operating within inventory guardrails.
As a Vendor Manager, you will:
- Build selection and terms negotiation – ill be responsible for determining customer market needs, growing selection across shoes-categories, brands and use cases, managing vendor partners, optimizing vendor terms, and getting support for promotions.
- Drive efficiency – Inventory turns / OTB Management: Will be responsible for operating on industry benchmark inventory turns for the category and generating a positive/self-sustaining business by efficient OTB management.
- Strategize Pricing – Responsible for pricing strategy for the category so that we can offer the customers the best value, value being a combination of price and any convenience. Candidate will also be responsible for using pricing as a lever to ensure efficient cash flow management against the profitability goal.
- Build Business plan and communicate to senior management – Develop a short-term and long-term plan for growth and report to Senior Management on a regular basis on the state of key topline and bottom-line metrics and risk factors.
- Manage Brands – Manage all the input and output metrics for your respective set of brands/ vendors. Work closely with the vendors to ideate, finalize, and execute the joint business plans with the brands/vendors.
- Innovate – Invent and drive continuous process improvement and automation across our systems to allow us to scale a fast-growing business.
- Launching new brands on platform.
- Driving product innovation
- Risk assessment
- Proactively manage and nurture vendor relationships
- Measure vendor performance
- Managing P&L, terms of business and models, buying cost, price and quality benchmarking and portfolio management for the brands.
Education & Work Experience:
- 3 or more years of experience.
- Full-Time MBA.
- Experience as a sales manager / vendor manager / category manager / account manager role.
- Launched new brands on platforms.
- Ideal candidate worked in Ecommerce/Retail/FMCG background.
- Efficient Negotiation Skills
- Decision-making skills
- Vendor/Brands onboarding and choosing the right vendors for your business
- Building selection, Pricing and Terms negotiation.
- To walk in our customers shoes and grow our vendor partners business by anticipating their unexpressed needs
- To anticipate roadblocks and seek out solutions before they occur
- To keep experimenting and running pilot programs to evaluate what works best
- To make decisions based on data combined with judgement and intuition
- To strive for continuous improvement
- To be action oriented
- To be vocally self critical in order to arrive at better solutions