About the Role
As a Vendor Manager, you will focus on delivering exceptional sales and margin growth for the sub-categories that you are responsible for. You will be responsible for signing the right mix of vendors, smart pricing, driving growth and margin improvements while operating within inventory guardrails.
What will you do
- Building selection and terms negotiation: Will be responsible for determining customer market needs, growing selection across sub-categories, brands and use cases, managing vendor partners, optimizing vendor terms and getting support for promotions.
- Drive efficiency – Inventory turns / OTB Management: Will be responsible for operating on industry benchmark inventory turns for the category and generating a positive/self-sustaining business by efficient OTB management
- Pricing – Responsible for pricing strategy for the category so that we can offer to the customers the best value, value being a combination of price and any convenience. Candidate will also be responsible for using pricing as a lever to ensure efficient cash flow management against the profitability goal.
- Business planning and communication to senior management – Develop a short-term and long-term plan for growth and report to Senior Management on a regular basis on the state of key topline and bottom-line metrics and risk factors.
- Vendor Management – manage all the input and output metrics for your respective set of brands/ vendors. Work closely with the vendors to ideate, finalize and execute the joint business plans with the brands/ vendors.
- Innovation – Invent and drive continuous process improvement and automation across our systems to allow us to scale a fast growing business.
What will you need –
- Master’s degree in business management
- 2-6 years of relevant experience in sales manager/vendor manager/category manager/account manager role
Demonstrated ability to take ownership and drive results
- Strong business judgement, with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically, with excellent attention to detail
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail and exceptional organisational skills are essential
- A track record of success in past roles
Excellent communication skills